And I’m back!
My last post on here was way back in April. My-oh-my how time flies. At the risk of unearthing an oft-overused cliché; the days are long but the years are short.
Plenty has happened since my last post. The introspection is coming, but in the meantime here’s a brief rundown:
- G is now 15 months old.
- She’s walking and just on the cusp of running.
- She’s in the 90th percentile for her height and the 75th percentile for weight. We’re taking this as a sign that we must be doing something right.
- She’s still not sleeping through the night.
- I’m still tired.
- I managed to cut down my antidepressants but had to increase them again.
- I went back to work. It’s intense.
- I’ve found the time to start reading again. A.A. Gil‘s Pour Me, A Life is my humble tome at present.
- I’ve fallen deeper in love with G.
- I still get depressed.
- That Bell Jar still suffocates every now and then.
- I’m fitter than I’ve ever been thanks to the focus I’ve put on exercise as a coping mechanism.
- After going mental about whether or not G was ‘normal’ compared to other children, I now ignore the advice posted in online mother’s groups.
- I have time to write again… and that makes me supremely happy.